Thursday, October 11, 2012

Halloween series: CHOLA

Finally, I've created the second look! 6 to go! I can do this, I just need to procrastinate less. :)

Anyways, I wanted to do something less scary, but still creative and something challenging. Today I introduce you to my Latina gangster alter ego, Deja Lupe, a chola. Gwen Stefani rocked similar look while back, and I've seen a lot of other celebrities wearing looks inspired by cholas.

Ok, you'll need some "cholastic" music first:


Let's see how Deja Lupe looks like :)

 

Yes, I know my eyebrows are not perfectly covered, it's so hard to cover my thick long eyebrows. I don't know how drag queens do it regularly. It's pain in the ass. Ignore the imperfections, let's focus on that I haven't even recognized myself for a second :D
I covered my eyebrows with regular washable glue stick, NYX concealer and Catrice powder LE Welcome to Las Vegas. Video here: click. And I used my finger to smooth out the glue.

I even did a little tear under my right eye. 
For eyes I used NYX jumbo pencil in Milk, Sleek Chaos palette and Essence liquid eyeliner waterproof. 

I sketched the eyebrows with Catrice eyebrow pencil and went over it with Essence liquid liner.
For face I used Bourjois Bio detox foundation, Bourjois healthy mix concealer and Catrice powder to set everything. I just contoured with Avon's Translucent tan powder.

I was wearing Stradivarius pants, Daichman trainers, white tank top from New Yorker and my grandpa's shirt (I actually wear this shirt in public :)).

I found in my jewellery collection these hoola earrings and put a little scarf on my head. I just teased my hair and pined them with bobby pins.
 Also I added rings:

eBay, DIY, C&A, 3 silver rings I wear all the time. And also added a "gun" necklace.

I covered my lips just with concealer, foundation and powdered them. I outlined them with Artdeco's lip liner number 91.


Are you ready to lean like a chola? :)

Make sure you get scared by my first Halloween look I did here: CLICK, if you haven't seen it yet.
What do you think I'll do next? I think it's time for something scary again :)


P.S: You can read my interview here: CLICK.
Also I wrote a guest post for Cosmetic Charm: CLICK.

30 comments:

  1. Oh,wow,you are right,almost didn«t ecognise you for a second,you did such a good job on this look!Love it,well done my dear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mimi! I didn't recognize myself when I looked myself in the mirror! :D

      Delete
  2. I love cholaaasssss and you make a pretty good one!! Maybe a career switch? If you do it, i will do it too. Always wanted to make the career switch but now i've got some backup aka Deja Lupe!
    Let me know aight? X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES. Let's be cholas together!! I think we would make a perfect "chola couple". I love cholas too !
      Sal Lupe? :D
      Xx

      Delete
  3. Kako dobro si zadela look! :D
    Navdušujem se nad tvojimi mejkap veščinami in hkrati se zgražam nad kompozicijami obraza, ki jih prakticirajo chola girls. Svaka čast, Deja.

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg, kok si dobr nardila! carica :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol, ovo me nasmijalo, baš si opaka :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! Hahaha, tole me je pa res nasmejalo. Zelo ti paše tale look. ;) :P

    The Puzzle of Sandra's Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hvala! To be zdj moj everyday makeup postal :D

      Delete
  7. Love it! So funnny! I know I keep saying it but you have gorgeous eyes!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I keep hearing that ! Thank anyways :) X

      Delete
  8. Hahahahaha!!!!! Your so crazy!! Love it so much!! Especially the eyebrows you are workkking those!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is awesome! There were so many girls with this look when I was in high school! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha. I didn't know they actually wear it out in public. lol
      Thanks X

      Delete
  10. Hahaha!! Nice to meet you Deja Lupe! You so LOCO! Well done :-) I love her!

    ReplyDelete
  11. At first I didn't even recognize you =))) You're crazy but you did a great job on this look :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I've been told I'm crazy many times. Thanks! :D
      I didn't recognize myself either. lol

      Delete
  12. Hahaha, tole je pa čist prehudo! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. haha, ZAKOOON. Joj, kaj si mi naredila :) zdaj že eno uro gledam tvoje objave na blogu in občudujem make up :) hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oprosti, ker sem te eno uro zadrževala :P
      In hvala :)

      Delete